Wednesday, August 23, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,254 – (Wednesday) – wow day

Birthday cake and birthday people.
Wednesdays at the office are generally lively with the whole team in the house, but today was extra lively. It was the day of the monthly S&M (sales & marketing) team meeting which was a pizza meeting. It was also the last day of our summer intern being onsite so there were donuts in the morning. The pizza meeting also included birthday cake for the quarterly birthday recognition. And yes, we also did work because there is always work, which intertwined with the eating. 

Then, as if that wasn’t exciting enough, there was an after work get together for drinks and appetizers across the street at Cobblestones. It was planned weeks ago to meet up with a former team member who recently took a new job and is moving to Chicago. Dang, it was pretty sweet. 

Announced as a finalist!
Back at home, it was time to watch America’s Got Talent. I don’t usually watch much network TV, but I’ve been enthralled with Lavender Darcangelo, the amazing singer from Fitchburg. I was anxious to see the results from Tuesday’s semi-final round. I can’t remember the last time I felt at all invested in a talent show, never mind actually logged in and voted for a contestant, but Lavender drew me in. 

Once the result was announced (spoiler, Lavender was one of the two acts that made it through to the finals!), it was back to Netflix and Kleo, a German series described as a “thriller” that is about assassins. It’s in German of course, because Netflix rarely suggests many English language shows for me anymore. The algorithm must think I’m some real fan of European dramas, but really, half the time I’m just too lazy to keep looking for another show. It’s all good. The story is interesting, but one of my favorite things about it is the character Kleo’s wardrobe. There are some great dresses, blouses, and plaid pants, and even the jumpsuit she wore in prison was really cool. New things for which to be on the lookout.  Until the next shiny thing catches my eye anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment