Monday, August 14, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,245 – (Monday) – plus one

This year’s birthday was eased into. If not for Mom and my sister tag teaming me to commit to a plan a week in advance, it might have been ignored by me completely, like I was able to do a couple times during the pandemic. This year's easy, low-key lunch date was perfect. 

It's not that I'm against birthdays, and I certainly like birthday cake and other people's parties. I'm just not a  fan of there being a big fuss made on my birthday. 

Birthday coupon delivery.
Today, at birthday plus one day, there was an easy, low-key extension of the easy, low-key day-of celebration.

Today, the free birthday dessert coupon from my favorite delivery place was used. A large, extra cheese pizza was ordered for delivery, plus one free Ben and Jerry’s Salted Caramel ice cream. The pizza was cut into unequal sized slices, and somehow there were nine of them. After eating a regular sized sliced and a skinny one, there were still seven slices left. It felt like a bonus, but I’m easily amused sometimes.

The birthday cupcake from my sister was enjoyed. Yes, I lit the candle. And took a photo. Then I ate half in the afternoon and the other half at supper. It was chocolate with peanut butter filling and fluffy peanut butter frosting and a tiny peanut butter cup on top and it was delicious. Good choice, sis. Too bad I forgot to make a birthday wish.

Birthday cupcake.
The ice cream will be breached later this week, and with proper rationing, it will last several nights. The same plan will be used for the candies. Theoretically. That crazy idea usually doesn’t work with candy, so we’ll have to stay tuned on that one.

Physical torture took place after work today instead of before. I was glad to have it today, because I couldn’t get comfortable to sleep last night, and it was a lot of tossing and turning, interspersed with swearing. And the bad news from the torturer is that it was likely aggravated by dance rehearsal yesterday. There were other words too, but I had glazed over by then. She pressed and poked a really sore spot for a while before I was launched into the usual series of exercises with some new ones added into the mix. It hurt all over again. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment