Sunday, August 13, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,244 – (Sunday) – birthday day

Not a thunderstorm!
The forecast for Sunday, as seen a few days earlier, included the word “thunderstorm,” which had our dance group on high weather alert about our planned outdoor rehearsal. Luckily, the morning was sunny, warm, a bit humid, and rain-free when we gathered on the common in the center of Townsend. We ran through our dances under a mostly blue sky and the curious glances of a few people in and around the park. 

After the dancing, where I kept stepping on my own skirt during the first dance because I forgot to roll the waistband, there was a quick visit to the farm stand up the road to check out the plants. No plants caught my interest enough to want to do the work of planting and caring for them, and it was off to the next chapter of the day.

Mom, StepDad, my sister, and I met at Bailey’s Bar and Grille in Townsend for lunch. There is a beautiful patio there with plentiful shade and plantings, and depending upon the direction you are facing, you have no idea there is a major roadway out front and a shopping plaza in the back. We sat inside in non-humid, air-conditioned comfort and admired the patio from our table by the window.

Gifties!
The birthday included some fun gifts including Scandinavian and Finnish treats from a friend and a Happiness candle from my sister. I knew all about the happiness producing qualities of candy, but happiness in a candle was news to me. Sis also gave me a big cupcake so it wouldn’t be a cake-free day. There was also a small sculpture of a dragonfly (number 813 of a series of 1,000) bought for myself from Bear Bones Sculpture in Fitchburg when I was out there on Friday.  

A low-key birthday was the perfect birthday acknowledgement for this year. It was so low-key it included a two-hour nap. All good. And now the next adventurous trip around the sun is underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment