Wednesday, August 9, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,240 – (Wednesday) –cake and walk

Little cakes and cupcakes!
It was an office office day and all was well. There was snack and share, and I had signed up for today. The snack was my interpretation of childhood birthday parties as I remember them – cake and potato chips. I had considered baking a cake in honor of my own birthday, but in the end, that just felt like work. Instead of baking, I brought in Little Debby individually wrapped cakes and mini cupcakes from Market Basket bakery.  

There was an afternoon walk downtown and the Map My Walk app was working today so there are statistics logged. The last walk logged in the app was 336 days ago. Yikes. On that long ago day, I walked .97 miles in 18 minutes 28 seconds. The note in the record says “Left leg hurt after ¼ mile.” 

Cool downtown
building.
Today’s walk was 1.15 miles in 23 minutes and 51 seconds. Today’s note is “Shins hurt, both legs at .75 miles.” It felt like sudden onset of shin splints. Today’s walk included at least nine stops for photos, providing further (unnecessary) proof that I can’t usually do just one thing at a time. But when I see something interesting, I usually stop and take a photo. And there is almost always something interesting to see.

After work I attended a party I had been invited to. It was nice to be in a room of smart and interesting people and even nicer that I knew several of them and had a chance for actual conversation.

After 90 minutes, I had to cut out to get home to take care of Winston. I felt awful to make him wait so long for me, but he did remarkably well with my delay. Thank goodness for doggy wraps and the marvelous technology of toddler diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment