Sunday, August 27, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,258 – (Sunday) – low-key

Dance rehearsal was on Townsend Common this morning. We had on our big, bright costume skirts and under a cloudy sky we ran through our dances a couple times for an event in mid-September. In the 45 minutes we were on the Common, we were the subjects of countless slowdowns, looks and waves; two horn toots; a thumbs up; two stopped cars with people we knew; and one lady who parked and was disappointed we had already finished. She wanted to take a picture, so we posed, and it took her so long to take it I got a cramp in my thigh as we held our pose. It was fun.

After rehearsal there was a quick stop at the farm stand to look at the plants, and just like the last time, I chose to not buy anything that needed planting and care.  Then, I headed home for a low-key, relaxing afternoon of lunch, stripping the bed, laundry, and a couple rounds of “What’s that smell in the kitchen?” but without a full investigation because I'm a little afraid of what I might find. 

The other recent household game is "What the heck is that weird noise?" which is nerve-rattling, is played randomly throughout all time spent at home, and seems to be more frequent. The BungaLowell has some mysterious noises which are sometimes followed by finding something dead in the yard. There are a lot of scratching noises in the gutters where the birds like to hang out, but lately there are extra thumps, creaks, and creepy sounds inside and outside the house. The other day there was a weird thud at the front door and later, when I went outside to put something in the trash bin, there was a small brown bird laying deceased at the bottom of the front stairs which I buried under the rhododendron.

Soon to arrive.
Today saw more online shopping for the Dryel in-home dry cleaning sheets I forgot to buy the day I looked at it but bought three blouses instead. The blouses arrived several days ago and I don’t love them, so they will likely be sent back. The Dryel will arrive Monday so I can start the sweater freshening for fall. 

A chunk of time was invested in looking at rugs online at Wayfair, Bed Bath and Beyond (now owned by Wayfair), and Amazon. A runner for the bathroom was found, the least urgent of the perceived rug needs, but the only rug found I was reasonably sure I liked. The harder ones to find have been for the kitchen and dining room. It’s entirely possible that the runner purchase will lead to an entire bathroom remodel because that happens. The coffee maker bought months ago led to a series of kitchen changes that doesn't seem to have stopped yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment