Wednesday, August 30, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,261 – (Wednesday) – not so grate

The recently ordered floor vent grates for the bathroom and kitchen arrived as expected and smack in the middle of the delivery window provided. The white one for the bathroom looks great – so fresh, so not rusty. Why did I not replace this before? 

Broken. Not so great grate.
The kitchen grate replacement was next. One of the louvers looked wonky in the plastic wrap, but I boldly unwrapped it anyway. The grate was released from the confines of the clear wrap, the lever that operates the louvers was flipped to check the operation, and one louver fell out with a clatter. Ugh. 

The label on the wrapper had instructions stating "Do not return vent to Amazon. Lifetime warranty..." and to email the company with any issues. I wonder if the normal lifetime of the vent grate is longer than the 45 seconds I enjoyed from the kitchen piece.

The email bounced back immediately with a MAILER-DAEMON failure notice. Apparently, my superior typing skills caused me to type dot-con instead of dot-com. The email was eventually sent correctly but there may have been some cuss words involved. If the typing frustration wasn’t enough, I had to pull the old, cruddy vent grate out of the trash, where I had confidently chucked it immediately after removing it from the floor. UGH.

The rest of the night was a bit smoother. There was some shopping for fall pants on kohls online to use the two Kohls Cash coupons that arrived in the mail several weeks ago – one for my birthday, the other for my account anniversary. Plaid pants and Steve Madden loafers will arrive next week. Let’s hope they aren’t defective like the floor grate.

2 comments: