Wednesday, March 29, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,107 – (Wednesday) – pieces

Late last week, a colleague brought in two puzzles and they sat on the counter since last Thursday or Friday. Knowing how I get sucked into a puzzle, I didn’t dare open either of them. When I have one going at the house, it becomes an all encompassing ordeal with all spare time spent hovering over the pieces.

The start of something.
Today, another colleague opened on of  them. Once the box was opened, I spent a couple minutes worth of breaks pulling straight edges for the outer frame. At 5:00, when nearly everyone else had left, I was pawing through the box of pieces and connecting outer edges. “Just one more piece. Just one more piece.”  

Luckily, I strung out my departure for only about ten minutes and then I was out the door. It was knowing that Winston was waiting for me, likely in a soggy diaper, that got me moving. That, and the idea of my supper. It will be fun to see how much more is built the next time I'm on site.

Springtime delight in a bowl.
Win’s supper was the usual kibble and roasted chicken. Mine was leftover tortellini primavera made Tuesday night. A couple of us had been talking about the great tender asparagus that has been available and the fresh veggie and pasta concoctions with white wine that we had been cooking. Mine featured asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, onion, carrots and a can of diced tomatoes. 

Sure enough, the leftovers were as good as the original dish, and supper was super. It was a bowl of springtime delights.

In other exciting domestic news, the new vacuum cleaner arrived and was waiting for me on the side deck when I finally remembered to check for it. The promise of clean rugs awaits, still sealed in the box. Tomorrow there is an event after work, so maybe Friday night’s entertainment will be the unboxing of the vacuum and the first test suckage. Or maybe Saturday. There is no real rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment