Wednesday, March 8, 2023

random truths – Day 1,086 (Wednesday) – lunching

The celebration of the fourth floor victory in the Holiday “Deck the Doors” contest happened today. Free lunch! 

The first celebration was awarded to each department and branch that participated. For that one, we all got breakfast sandwiches or smoothies from Brew’d Awakening. One person ended up compiling all the orders and placing one big order online, then two of us went to pick everything up.

Today’s celebration was for winning in a category.  Instead of  trying to order a group lunch, which would involve trying to get a dozen people on the same page about where to get the lunch from and then someone coordinating all the orders, it was decided to have everyone order their own lunch and submit their own expense voucher. 

Adventurer Bowl.
A couple days prior, the budget was shared ($15 per person) and the plan was formulated to eat together at noon.

The lunches today covered the gamut. Two had Mexican from El Potro, one had Greek from Athenian Corner, one had a bento box from Asian Mandarin. There were salads and other stuff I forgot to notice. One colleague and I got food from Life Alive Organic Café. I rarely eat lunch out, and when I do, it’s never at Life Alive because of the expense.

My Life Alive bowl was the “Adventurer Bowl” with red beets, broccoli, kale, fresh corn, tofu, roasted almonds with quinoa & cheddar rice, sesame & tamari ginger sauces. It was delicious and huge. I was full halfway through but I kept eating.

Being stuffed to the gills with organic healthy food didn’t stop me from eating Wednesday snack and share Little Debby treats. Self control around sweets? Nope. Maybe once upon a time, but not lately. I'll do better tomorrow. Really, I will. Ok. Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment