Wednesday, March 22, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,100 – (Wednesday) – real life

It was fully back to real life and the office today. The post-vacation coughing has subsided. The COVID test was negative. It was my turn to bring the snack for “snack and share.” The snack was Tri-Sum chips and corn chips, because I like them and the point is to share a snack we like. 

Ravioli in Rome - 3-15-23.
Last week's life of walking around and eating and sightseeing was really agreeable to me, even if I wasn’t that keen on the crowds of Rome. Why could I not have been born into a wealthy life of leisure? There are withdrawal pains from the absence of the amazing food in Rome.

Now it’s back to this commoner’s life of work and cleaning and grocery shopping and cooking for myself. At least the work colleagues are nice, the house is small enough to be manageable bordering on claustrophobic, and Market Basket has all that is needed for sustenance.

Last Wednesday night, after a day of sightseeing and Roman ruins, supper was ravioli with gorgonzola and nuts and chianti. So delicious. Tonight, after a day of work and meetings and emails, supper was the last five Thin Mint cookies in the opened sleeve. I miss vacation. 

The silvery golden pink orange sky.
While letting Winston outside, there is often time to look around. The arthritis in his back legs means it takes him a while to get down the steps into the front yard which gives me a chance to look around, usually at the sky so I'm not  being some creepy gawker staring at the neighbors.

Tonight, towards the far end of the street, the sky was turning a silvery, golden, pink and orange color. It was pretty, and it was nice to pause and notice it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment