Thursday, March 2, 2023

random truths – Day 1,080 (Thursday) – front door

 There have been quirks and surprises arriving at the front door this week. Tuesday evening, the next-door neighbor texted that she was coming over to get her Amazon package. She sent the photo the driver provided of her package delivery for #135 which was sitting on my front step, right below the white mailbox with 129 on it in blue lettering. The mailbox is 20 feet away from the fence corner post with my house number on two panels, to be visible on the approach to the house, and while in front of it. A pre-schooler could probably figure it out. But not some delivery drivers. Numbers are hard, I know.

Dude, you gotta move.
Twice this week, Winston has been outside barking and I’ve been unable to let him in because he was standing on the top step, up against the door. It’s a poorly designed entrance. If I opened the door, he would be launched sideways down the stairs, like so many delivery packages. 

The first time this week, to rectify the dilemma and rescue the pup, I went out the back door, down the driveway, and into the fenced front yard to scoop up my boy from the step, open the door, and carry him inside. Today, I ended up shoveling the end of the deck on the other side of the house and the steps leading to it, and crossing the driveway to enter the yard to fetch my fur boy. At least it was a productive rescue.

This evening, there was a noise at the door, and a large box from Amazon appeared in the porch. The box was much larger than the masks or the purse strap I am expecting. I wondered if it was another delivery intended for a neighbor.

The box held a new coffeemaker. I was expecting a replacement funnel part, but the seller sent an entire unit. That was a nice surprise. And a relief. The accidental coffee boycott is over and tomorrow morning, there shall be coffee. Lives will be saved. 

Now I need to figure out where to store the backup unit and carafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment