Monday, March 20, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,098 – (Monday) – bonus souvenir

When traveling, I rarely buy a lot of souvenirs, if any. For a while, I bought shot glasses, because they are small and portable, and there is a box stuffed with souvenir shot glasses that haven’t seen the light of day in ages.

Blouse and pants.
In Jamaica in 2017, I bought a three-inch square framed watercolor painting. I saw a couple in Rome in one shop and didn’t buy one, then forgot to look after that. I bought a scarf from a street vendor, and a blouse and pants from two of the shops near the hotel. That is the full tally of the purchases. 

There was, however, a bonus souvenir. Saturday night, after picking up Winston from the sitter, I was feeling “off.” There was a shot of Nyquil at bedtime and Sunday morning things felt pretty normal.

By Sunday night, there was lots of coughing and the skin on my back felt hypersensitive and crawly, always the key signal that I am, indeed, sick. The thermometer read over 100 degrees instead of the usual temp at just over 97. At 8:00 it was time for a shot of Nyquil and a trip to bed.

After a night of odd dreams and twice waking up sweating, the alarm rang to get up for work. There had been rest, but I still felt lousy. The thermometer was still registering a high temp, and it became a sick day. 

Winston was fed and it was back to bed until waking again until 10:30. From then on, Win and I were wrapped in a fleece blanket in a couch encampment situation. The TV went on more for the background noise, and the day was spent sleeping.

All I can think about now is how my back is all crawly and sensitive again and I can’t wait to go back to bed for the night. Maybe tomorrow I’ll feel better.

The bonus souvenir was an unwelcomed surprise but it could have been worse. Thank goodness it held off until after I was home. It would have really stunk being sick in a hotel room and then a long flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment