Monday, March 27, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,105 – Monday all day

Winnie!
The day had an early start with the Lowell Women’s Week breakfast beginning at 7 a.m. I woke up at 4:15 when Winston needed to go out, and then was worried I wouldn’t wake up at 5 when the alarm went off. It was fine – I woke up, got up, dressed, prepped Winston’s food and had time to sit around drinking coffee and reading news for while before leaving. 

The breakfast was great. There was a full buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage patties, fruit, French toast, and pastries. There was a full slate of speakers and some 300 people in attendance. After the breakfast, the rest of the day dragged, and only partly because of sciatic nerve pain that woke me overnight and then hung around all day.

Despite the hearty breakfast, I was hungry at lunch time. This, long with the sciatica and the dragging day, seems to be another of life’s little mysteries.

Rome outfit.
Mysteries aside and back on the fabulous side of the equation, the State Auditor, who was one of the speakers at the breakfast, and two other women I also didn’t know told me they loved my outfit. It was the first time wearing the pants and patterned blouse I bought in Rome. 

Back at home at the end of the longer than usual day, Winston was ready and waiting for some dinner. He was pacing like a hungry lion, at least as much as a little doggy in a soggy toddler diaper inside a doggy pee band can pace.

After eating, Win curled up in his bed to ignore me and have his post-dinner nap while I cozied up on an icepack to try and relieve the sciatica, which worked somewhat. Temporarily, anyway. And now I can focus on the new favorite post-vacation hobby … waiting for 8:00 to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment