Thursday, March 30, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,108 – (Thursday) – busy season


The calendar seems to have hit the busy season for non-profit organization events. Monday had the breakfast before work, and tonight it was DIY Lowell’s “Chill Night” at Mill No 5, a converted mill space. The function room on the fifth floor was festive with lights on the wood columns and the downtown skyline and twilight visible outside the windows. 

The event featured a chili and stew competition with 18 chili and stew entries and I managed to try more than half of them. There was a lot of yummy happening, plus super affordable beer and wine. 

The night ended with ice cream, but by then I was a bit too full of chili and Mighty Squirrel Cloud Candy New England IPA beer. I will confess, I was mighty tempted, but not quite willing to make myself sick over it.

Converted mills are cool.
There were four of us from my department at the Chill night, and three bankers from other departments were there. It was fun getting to chat and compare chili notes with a Commercial Lender who I hadn't see since the remote and then hybrid work schedules took effect.  

I had two events this week, but a couple colleagues are volunteering Friday morning in Boston to set up the Belle of the Ball Boutique Day, which makes three events this week for one of them. I’m kind of glad my commitment issues kicked in and didn’t sign up for that. 

Flipping through the calendar for the next few weeks, I’ve got a “Dinner and a Show” fundraiser, Comedy Night fundraiser, and an Earth Day performance. In May, there is a reception for an art show for which I need to get my photos prepared for delivery and the TeamWalk for CancerCare. 

Things are about to get busy. I better make sure to take my vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment