![]() |
| Look at that glass! |
Trips were made to the outside world to deposit a check and
buy provisions including greeting cards, storage containers, and books for
$1.50 each at Dollar Tree, and a few food basics at Hannaford because Ben and Jerry
ice cream was on sale there.
The most energy was invested in frequently pausing the show
I’ve been streaming on Prime (The Almighty Johnsons). One of the
settings in the show is a bar with some cool stained glass windows over which I am starry-eyed and swooning, and I’ve
been trying to get photos of said windows so I can design something similar
(and smaller). Because it's a character a driven-show and not an architectural showcase, it’s rare for a scene to feature a window without people, and
countless photos have been taken in the hope of getting one with minimal
people. I think I got it enough to be able to sketch and plan. The stopping of shows to photograph cool glass windows and doors has been an ongoing situation. The Korean dramas have some stunners, along with beautifully decorated refrigerators.
![]() |
| Another window! |
The only floors without carpeting are the two bathrooms, the
kitchen, and the laundry area. The kitchen has good natural lighting with the
skylight, but I don’t think cutting glass on a kitchen counter is a wise
idea, with food prep and all.
A good short-term solution is to keep attending registering for workshops at the Worcester Craft Center and using the nice tall counters, grinders, and soldering irons. The ideal home situation is to upgrade the lighting in the craft/still
a hot mess storage room, and keep the door closed to keep Kiki out and her paws safe.
The ideal extension to the ideal
situation is removing the carpeting from the craft room and putting down vinyl,
which is easier to clean with a damp mop, but would require emptying the very full room. I am not psychologically prepared to deal something of that magnitude just yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment