![]() |
| Windows at Common Street Spiritual Center. |
It was a day of lounging around all day like a regular Sunday with no plans instead of the usual flurry of preparations required when I am dancing in the show.
Sure, I showered and styled my hair, but it was the cool
weather blowout and quick hit with the curling iron and not the more elaborate styling decision process for dancing. Makeup was a quick shoosh of eye shadow and not the more calculated
effort of carefully chosen colors and eye liner that will allow for eyes to be
seen many feet away. (and look generally garish up close). There were no concerns
about foundation and blush that could potentially be washed out under stage
lights. No worries about forgetting an important costume component like a veil or
zills, just a shopping bag with Dance Bestie’s Tupperware containers from the delicious
carrot cake cupcakes she baked for my birthday several weeks ago.
![]() |
| Soorati dancing to Possibilities. |
Once at Common Street Spiritual Center,
I claimed a front row seat and browsed the vendors. I took pictures of the windows and their shadows, and the stage from the backstage area.
As for the show – it was another terrific production. The producer
added some lighting effects which were an improvement for setting mood and vibe. The dancers and costumes, as
always, were beautiful. Bestie was amazing in her solo, a gorgeous veil piece
to “Possibilities” by the late Michael Hutchence of INXS. So beautiful.


No comments:
Post a Comment