Wednesday, September 2, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,362 (Wednesday) – shopping day

More dance costume material.
It was gray again, but drier than Tuesday. Grownup things were accomplished. Like, leaving the house. The bar is pretty low here.

A stop at Salvation Army led to a $10 score of a couple more lightweight sweaters, a purse, and a girls dress with an amazing green embroidered overlay.  In the checkout line, the lady behind me said she was flipped off by some dude in the parking lot. Half-off day prices are glorious, but some of the people are another story.

The plan is to use the mesh embroidered overlay from the dress for a belly dance costume top but is possible it’s too pretty to take apart and there isn't much fabric for mistakes. This will need a carefully crafted design plan.

Grocery shopping took place. I had a big Hannaford reward coupon ($10 off $25), and was determined to use it. I missed the expiration date on the last one and wanted to avoid it happening again.

Grocery store sushi.
The deli drawer is now stuffed with blocks of sharp cheddar cheese and shredded parmesan. The fridge has coffee creamer and several flavors of Icelandic yogurt. The freezer is restocked with Gardein pretend meat scrambles and as a bonus, frozen falafel, which I hadn't noticed before. 

The ice cream cooler was avoided. In the quick walk past it, I noticed signs that Ben & Jerry was on sale and I resisted the urge. The discipline didn't carry very far past the ice cream. The bakery cooler had packs of two cannoli for $3.99 and I caved. The little brown window box was so cute.

While browsing the perimeter of the store in an attempt to avoid the temptation of the inner aisles of cookies and potato chips, a cooler with several varieties of $5 grocery store sushi was found. It was all very pretty. Just like that, a no muss, no fuss, no cooking late lunch / early supper was decided.


No comments:

Post a Comment