Friday, September 25, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,383 (Friday) – shopping and pizza

The stream at the end of the street.
The weather forecast is for some crazy wind and rain so preparations were made. Luckily, not much needed to be done. The potted plants, solar lanterns, and small yard bird figurine things were all taken inside. The flower boxes near the front stairs were brough to the back landing under the carport. It took just a few minutes.

There was a trip to Aldi for the regular grocery shopping of the items I know cost less than Hannaford which is basically everything except Ben and Jerry ice cream (2/$7 at Hannaford, $4.85 at Aldi). It seemed to be annoying customer night. 

One guy stood at his cart which was stopped in the middle of the aisle, with two kids around eight and nine years old hanging off it and horsing around. Three of us stood there waiting for him to move the cart so we could pass. He finally did, and out loud to all of us said, “it’s a daughter thing.” Dude, how about you be the adult, not blame your kids for your obliviousness, and move the cart? Just a thought.

There was a couple shopping for pasta dinner things who absolutely reeked of pot. I smelled it before I reached them and it lingered in my nose after I had moved on. Right about the time I shook the smell, I found myself with them again in another aisle. It reminded me of the time a skunk sprayed near the house and the cloud hung in the air for several days. Usually I enjoy taking my time shopping in Aldi, but tonight I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

The ride home featured a sky tinged in pink over the tree tops that blocked most of the view that I was sure was or would soon be spectacular. I love trees, but there are drawbacks. I paused to enjoy the pink sky reflected in the stream at the end of the street. 

Friday night pizza party.
Back in the house it was pizza party of one night, with the just bought $5.99 refrigerated four cheese pizza from Aldi. I added mushroom and onion slices and more mozzarella cheese before it went into the oven. I usually get six or seven meals out of it at one or two slices each, so it’s well worth the price. I love the comfort of knowing there are individual slices wrapped in foil in the freezer for those times when hunger hits suddenly or I just don’t feel like thinking about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment