Tuesday, September 8, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,366 (Tuesday) – tuesday monday

This morning I slept late. It was a little confusing and I even forgot to make coffee once I stumbled out of bed. I scrambled to dress and get the trash bin to the curb. The trash truck driver has switched things up the past few weeks and does my side of the street first now, eliminating the early warning system we used to have when the other side was picked up first. Maybe it’s vacation coverage. Or boredom from driving the streets in the same order week after week.

Breakfast.
After I rolled the bin to the curb, I went straight to Mom’s. We compared notes on the way that Monday holidays confuse the whole week. Tuesday feels like Monday, trash pickup is a day off, routines are disrupted. When she asked what I was doing today, I had to think for a second before I remembered it was dance day and accidentally made other plans.

When I finally got around to breakfast as it was creeping closer to lunchtime, it was three slivers cut from a mini zucchini bread extracted from the freezer on Monday. A schmear of cream cheese and some instant chai latte, and the latest book I got from the Little Library (Sweet Sweet Revenge Ltd. By Jonas Jonasson) and I was in business.

Unlike last week when I was lazy and dumb and it was raining and I decided to not go, I made it to dance today. It was great and I know because I broke a sweat. That doesn’t always happen. Despite the light sheen of sweat, my bare feet remained cold and slippery on the floor, making me mistrustful of my balance and stability on all turns and leaps. And there were so many turns. We went through an entire series of five or six turns back and forth across the floor. It nearly knocked me out with dizziness. Other than that, it was really fun.

The route I usually take home had a sign reading “Main Street Closed Ahead” so I took a longer route free of detours. It took me past a Market Basket and I popped in to check for hot prepared meals. There was nothing in the heater but rotisserie chicken and I ended up at the nearby refrigerated case for my second supper of grocery store sushi in a week’s time. The sushi was pretty good and the wasabi and ginger slices were both extra zingy. My sinus passages opened up and I could breathe freely for a nanosecond and that alone was worth the price.

As for the trash I rolled to the curb in the morning, it was never collected. The neighborhood is still dotted with trash and recycle bins. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment