Tuesday, September 1, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,361 (Tuesday) – minimal effort day

It was gray and rainy and the perfect day for minimal effort. And minimal effort it was. The basics were covered – a shower, coffee, food. The official “staying in the house” brown lounge pants and hoodie were donned in the morning with the intent of changing later. The bed was stripped and sheets washed. 

Kiki lounging and waiting for a treat.
Kiki did her usual lounging about on the bed until I pulled the sheets off, and then she looked mildly offended and disappeared for a while. Once the bed was remade, she and her magnificent whiskers were back on the bed, alternately napping, surveying her kingdom (my bedroom) and telepathically requesting treats when I passed through the room.

Beyond the big “accomplishments,” the rest of the day was spent on word games, reading (Perfume, by Patrick Suskind), and binging Netflix shows. The new season of Leanne is out and it’s pretty funny. The entire second season was watched this afternoon, which I did instead of changing out of the slug outfit and going to the weekly dance class I love and didn’t attend today.

The sporadic rain showers stopped long enough for the street to dry, but I still skipped the almost daily walk to the mailboxes. The USPS notifications didn’t show anything urgent being delivered. Maybe tomorrow the switch will flip from “off” back to “on” and the activity level will ramp up again. Or not. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment