![]() |
| Alternating headline treatment. |
I used to set the papers in my recycling, bin immediately after reading them but lately I’ve been letting them stack up while I decide if they might be useful when the flowerbed is dug along the side of the house after the siding is done. They could still end up in the bin. Or maybe I’ll do a papier mache thing or a collage or something. Anything is possible in the land of this retired person with lots of free time.
There was a quick trip to Salvation Army to scout for fall sweaters. Some of my favorite sweaters have lived in a drawer for several years because they are too small. I thought maybe stress would cause weight loss like it always did before, but that has not been the case and it’s time to accept that I am not an extra-small or even a small anymore, suck it up, clear the drawer, and replenish it with the correct size items for the job-free lifestyle.
Four sweaters were tried on. The butternut squash turtleneck scratched my neck and would require a base turtleneck underneath. A dark green crew neck in a merino wool blend also scratched my neck and had a hole in it. A nice silk cardigan was in a difficult light greenish gray color that coordinates with exactly nothing else in my wardrobe or the store. The fourth sweater was too big. I saved a fortune by leaving a store empty handed.
The sun was shining, the air was clear and despite the shopping failure. it was a great day. I won my 20th consecutive game against Oscar, the Duolingo chess tutor. My tires all still have the correct amount of air since being filled a week ago. There was some lovely leftover tortellini with veggies and cheese from last night for lunch. It was dance day.
As I prepared for dance class by changing out of sit around the
house clothes into drawstring waist dance class pants, I saw the sad news on social media that global icon Dolly Parton had died and it was suddenly not a great day any longer. A big cloud
of sadness took over and now it was the day we learned that the world lost a true treasure.
At least we will still have the songs and the memories of Dolly’s generosity,
humor, and greatness. I wonder if the local newspaper will run the headline in all caps.

No comments:
Post a Comment