Thursday, August 6, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,335 (Thursday) – bowl of cherries

A morning round of the plants was made. The newly set plants out front were looking good. Someday, after the siding is done, there will be plants on the side of the house to check. It was a delight to see the tiny little baby spaghetti squash still on the vine. The feeling was short lived. I touched it, and it immediately fell off, and just like that, I had become a baby squash murderer. Damn.

After the squash murder, the rest of the day was quiet. Nothing to report except the weather, which was warm and a touch humid. There was nothing on the calendar.

None of the items on the to-do list were even thought about. Mostly I sat around embracing the “life is a bowl of cherries” expression and eating cherries and reading. For days, I’ve been eating cherries by the bowlfull. They have been very delicious the past three or four weeks. As I dipped into my evening bowl of cherries, I noticed the crystal bowl had cracks. What, what? How did this happen? Not to worry, I have six or seven more of them, but I still wonder why and how. Maybe it’s punishment for the squash murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment