Friday, August 21, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,350 (Friday) – schedules and procrastination

Another Friday and another week have come and gone. Despite being unemployed for 14 months, I still have the Monday-Friday office work sense of time with weekdays as one vibe and weekends having a special time-off mood. Except all my days are time-off days now. Every day is essentially a weekend day.

Today was another of the new ordinary every day is a weekend day days. I had a plan to take the free commuter train to Boston. When I had made no effort to leave the house to be on the 11:25 train, there was still the 1:25. When I was still at home doing nothing at 1:15, there was still the 3:25 train, but that was just pushing everything too late.

So, like most of the Fridays all summer long, I hung around the house, ate every few hours, and read a book (Rage by John Kellerman). There is always next Friday, but that is the final Friday of the free commuter train program, so if I blow it again then, I will have missed out.

Lawn offering.
One of the commuter turkeys that pass through the yard on a schedule that has not yet been catalogued left an offering of a feather. I’ve seen random feathers on lawns throughout the neighborhood and today it was my lawn’s turn. It fluttered in the not so green grass with the breezes until I picked it up and stuck in the flowerpot with the reddish mum. 

Somewhere in a box in the house are several turkey feathers from the yard in Tennessee. There was never a plan for them, they just live in a box with the art supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment