Saturday, August 8, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,337 (Saturday) – day watch

Prepping for action.
There are some days where the turkeys are the most exciting thing going in the neighborhood, but this morning offered up some larger action that was interesting. 

The snow-blowing guy across the street from Mom had a digger across the driveway and a dump truck rumbling in the front yard at 8:30 this morning. The noise was just loud enough to be too much to ignore during the coffee drinking hour so of course I watched out my living room window. Whatever was happening looked expensive with two drivers and two rigs.

I called Mom for an unrelated topic, and she said she had something for me so I went next door right away, coffee cup in hand. The view of the heavy equipment action was better and like the couple of covert snoops we are, we watched out Mom's laundry room window as the equipment was put to work. At first, it was hard to tell what was the object of the activity and I thought maybe the driveway would be attacked by the digger thing, but the digger moved to the other side of the truck. As huge blobs of dirt with roots sticking out in every direction were lowered from the digger to the dump truck we saw it was the removal of the root balls of the previously chopped shrubs/hedges/green things that once stood in front of the house.

I imagine that is what I would be facing should I decide to rid myself of the overgrown greenery in front of my own house. It looks expensive, but I don’t know the neighbor well enough to text and ask how much it cost. I might, however, inquire about the contractor so I arrange to get my own price. That seems less invasive/nosey, and is the real reason I want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment