Wednesday, August 12, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,341 (Wednesday) – reach

Tendrils reaching out.
There were weird dreams this morning (again) which is usually the signal that I have slept too long. Sometimes the editor/narrator in my brain thinks “this is weird, it must be time to wake up.”  

Some of the latest weird morning dreams before waking have included themes and imagery from previous dreams. I’m trying to pack for a trip and my stuff has gone missing. I’m moving into a dorm-type building and can’t find my room or I find it and somebody else is already set up in my space. I'm at a big hotel with a maze of staircases, storage rooms, cafes, and lounges and can't find my way back to my room. I’m standing alone in the center of an empty room with beautiful wood floors and large windows. Some day I'll figure out what it means.

When I checked the time, still groggy with sleep, it was 8:12 and I thought, “hmmm 8:12 on 8/12” as if it was still a dream and this information was supposed to be significant. And I got out of bed.

There was a delicious fresh eggs and cheese breakfast burrito, followed by a shopping trip with Mom to Kohl’s. I found three purses I liked there and none of them had a price tag. It didn’t feel worth the effort and I put them back. I ended up getting a Cuddl Duds base layer shirt on clearance and using two Kohl’s cash certificates.

This afternoon I learned about the desire of the spaghetti squash plant to reach out and climb. The plant grew across the dirt until it reached the fencing intended to prevent me from accidentally mowing it down. Now, several dainty, curly tendrils have wrapped themselves around the garden fencing. In doing so,  the blossoms seem to now be more elevated from the ground. I should have done some research before plunking it into the ground and might have known a trellis or a plant cage would be helpful. Now I can't get one in place without ripping the tender supports.

No comments:

Post a Comment