Friday, August 14, 2026

random thoughts – Day 2,343 (Friday) – turkey antics

Today’s new and exciting episode of Real Turkeys of South Gardner opened with the females with poults parading on my street. The one with the four littles and the one with the teenage turkey reappeared around 2:30 this afternoon and traversed the yards on both sides of the pavement.

During my evening walk I was surprised to not see the four males who nearly always congregate two streets over. I was hoping to see the one turkey dude eyeballing himself in the truck chrome again, but the truck sat in the driveway, ignored.

Turkeys on a Roof.
Instead, a few houses down the street from the Tundra with chrome, there was an odd sound up high and that is when I finally spotted the four males. They stood along the peak of the roof of a house as the sun sank lower. Against a backdrop of trees, they strutted and posed like sculptures and shifted around and one even shoved another one. Now I wonder if there have been turkeys on my own roof. 

This evening’s staging of Turkeys on a Roof  was even more entertaining than the usual ground level episodes. I look forward to upcoming episodes of the unscripted adventures of Real Turkeys of South Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment