![]() |
| Curly bark tree. |
Later, there was a search of the websites of nearby
retailers for garden edging. Ollie’s in Fitchburg seemed to have it, so a stop
was planned there after dance class. On the way to dance, I stopped at Dollar
General. Which has yard stuff was on sale, but there was no edging found in the
store, which is being taken over by Halloween décor.
Dance was a small group with four of us. It was fun. We
changed the barre routine up a bit, then did the usual center work and ran
through some of the repertoire. We use decades-old recordings of the original music
that were done by our studio pianist. It was very cool back in the day, having our
classes accompanied by a pianist. She could slow down the pace of the music until
we knew the choreography well enough to be up to speed.
The first ballet studio I danced with used records for everything, including some of the basic technique. The voice on the record would announce things like “piqué turns, diagonally across the floor, continuously” and we would execute the moves across the black and white tiled floor while our teacher watched. When I was in high school and at what is still my favorite dance studio, the only activity we did to records was our initial warmup and stretching, which was led by a studio assistant to provide time for our teacher and pianist to have a quick break.
There was a wildflower tour outside of our dance space (which I forgot about). Unlike the last wildflower walk, which was rainy, the weather was perfect today, but I stuck to the original timeline with stops for gas and then Ollie’s. There were a lot of patio chairs, hoses, and planters, but I couldn’t find edging (despite circling the yard stuff for several laps) or even a store worker to help me. I got bargain grocery items including microwave rice, hot sauce, canned tuna, cinnamon, and cookies, plus pain patches, makeup wipes, and two window box planters. No target item, but still a productive stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment