Monday, November 20, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,343 – (Monday) – no problems

It was a pretty good day, and especially for a Monday. A few things got done. Other things advanced a step closer to done and I didn’t even have to nip at anyone’s heels like a chihuahua. Practically a workday miracle, really.

The day began with the annoying chirping sound of a detector which required some detective work. After determining the sound was coming from the basement, the step ladder was taken down the scary staircase. The noisy carbon monoxide detector that was chirping every few seconds was unscrewed from the ceiling. It was hard wired and didn’t have batteries, but the reset button was pushed and quick and easy, all was quiet on the home front. Boom, problem solved. 

Much later in the work day, it seemed that time had stood still. It turned out it had, because the battery in the wall clock has suddenly stopped doing its power move. It was nice when the battery was changed and 4:30 turned out to really be 4:45. Boom, problem solved.

Tomato chicken vegetable soup.
The soup of the day was a tomato chicken vegetable soup that had been assembled from fresh chicken broth with some leftover spaghetti sauce, brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, onion, and rice with a sprinkle of cheese. Delicious, but I haven’t met too many soups I don’t like. Or most likely, I make soups using only ingredients that I like. My favorite part of chilly weather, especially since I discovered how easy it is to make it fresh, is the soup. No problem at all. 

The after work, after supper entertainment was last night’s episode of The Gilded Age. The costumes! The New York City homes and Newport “cottages.” Oh, to be wealthy in the Gilded Age. Or any era, really. I bet it's great.  After that, it was back to a different era of millionaires with The Family Business on Netflix, where the acting is terrible and the entire production seems barely two steps above a student project. The main characters are exceptionally well dressed (because they are millionaires) and I am a sucker for a man in a well-fitting suit, but I swear half the actors for the minor roles (and some for the leads) were pulled off the street, handed their lines and thrown into the scene. The music soundtrack often contains a clicking sound that makes me think I'm hearing a water drip in the house, but when I mute the sound, it disappears. The whole thing is pretty bad and I can’t stop watching the drama of a bunch of drug running, murdering, money laundering families. They have problems I'm glad I don't have to know about in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment