Friday, November 17, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,340 – (Friday) – almost famous

The day had some surprises including one from Lowell National Historic Park. There was a social media post for National Take a Hike Day that included a photo of a National Park Service Ranger with four people looking at the Merrimack River. 

Park Service famous.
As I looked at the photo, I recognized, um, myself. My long, used to be red hair. My yellow short sleeve tee shirt, blue summer-weight pants printed with tropical flowers and birds, and blue Steve Madden sneakers my eldest niece helped my choose. The way I stand with my arm behind my back. I wondered about donating those pants and after seeing the photo there is no longer any doubt that they need to go. Oy. I also need to become more dedicated to the gym.

By 9:00 pm, the post had been shared four times, so clearly I can now add Park Service famous to the list with the fame earned from dance group performances -- Townsend Famous and Hubbardston Famous. Exciting! Soon I'll be legitimately famous.

I used to go on a lot of the NPS walking tours back in the day, when I heard about them in time to go. For some reason, in the past couple years the walks rarely make it onto my radar. Thanks to the photo from years ago on the post today, I was nearly inspired to take a hike for National Take a Hike Day, but as so often happens, I never left the office and only left my desk to visit the rest room and the water machine. I need to do better before I find my backside rooted to a chair permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment