Thursday, November 9, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,332 – (Thursday) – cheese hat

Grilled cheese.
It might have been cold today, but I never set foot outside so I don’t know. There was a plan to leave the house after work to go to the gym, but it didn’t happen. I neglected to plan to convince myself I wanted to go, so it didn't happen. 

Instead, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with some bread excavated from the freezer and some of the many cheese slices from the personal cheese ends stash. I seem to have become a cheese ends hoarder on my trips to Market Basket. 

After joining the gym in July I did a pretty good job of going regularly. It started with the recumbent bike, but when the work wellness program steps challenge began, I shifted to the treadmill. Ever since vacation, however, the gym routine has crashed and burned. I seem to have fallen out of the gym habit. According to the check-in tracker on the app, I have been there only once since returning from vacation and not all yet this month. Oops. I just don’t care right now. I'll care a lot all over again when my jeans don't fit anymore. 

The indoor hat.
This time of year, when work ends and it’s dark and chilly I just want to hibernate. I sit on the couch wearing my fleece with the funnel neck pulled up and a blanket across my lap and a Yankee Candle burning on the side table. This week even saw the return of the stupid lightweight hat I started wearing at home during life’s big shutdown. Yes, the heat is on. No, I’m not raising the temperature setting on the thermostat. Theoretically, 68 degrees should be warm enough.

For tonight’s entertainment, and I don’t know how I stumbled upon it after I ran out of episodes of Upload, I’m watching Psychic Tia. While doing so, I was also shoving the last of a bag of corn chips into my face like it was some kind of Coney Island eating contest. Super classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment