Wednesday, November 8, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,331 – (Wednesday) – cold dip

It was chilly (cold) going to the office this morning. Work was busy. It was cold leaving work.

Correction. *I* was cold going to and from the office. The actual temperature may not have actually been that cold. I just seem to be extra sensitive to cold lately. Among other things.

I have felt cold for weeks. The only time I don’t feel cold is when I curl up under the three blankets on the bed in knit pajama set and socks. I wake up at least once during the night feeling a smidge too warm, take off the socks, and return to sleep. But when I’m awake and allegedly functioning during the day, I’m cold. If this is the case, when the low temperatures are in the 30s, what is it going to be like when it’s truly cold and winter? I don’t want to know. The long johns haven’t been pulled out yet, so there is still a layer to be tapped.

I kind of miss the Nevada heat with the sun scorching my skin under the blue, cloudless sky. I may need to plan a hot weather vacation to have something to look forward to. Or just crank up the heat at the house to about 90. A week of that would probably cost as much as a vacation, but without the hassle of packing and traveling. Those are the most stressful parts of a vacation anyway.

While in Nevada, in addition to the wonderful sun that made my skin feel like it was frying, we got a pumpkin pie from Costco. It was huge. It was only $5.99. It was delicious. Today I saw a news story about Costco pumpkin pie and how they are a delicious, fantastic bargain. If you are a Coscto member, get yourself a pumpkin pie. And get one for me, too.

It's delicious!
The other amazing product we found at Costco was StoneMill Kitchens cranberry jalapeno dip. It's a refrigerated dip that can also be served warm. We had it on pita chips, but I can imagine it being amazing spread on a toasted bagel. Or a turkey sandwich. Damn, I want more of that dip. There were also chicken cranberry jalapeno meatballs, but we didn't try those on vacation. 

I was ready to join Costco for the pie and the dip and maybe even the meatballs until I saw the limited locations of availability for the dip. According to info I found online, it is only sold in only a few states on the other side of the country and nowhere near New England. Sad face.

It’s probably fine. Joining a club warehouse store for two seasonal products is likely fiscally irresponsible and the house would need an addition to hold the warehouse quantities of whatever I’d end up buying when I got swept up in the alleged bargain pricing. Or maybe I should move to a warm weather state with seasonal cranberry jalapeno dip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment