Wednesday, November 29, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,352 – (Wednesday) – good food, good day

The day began early. The alarm was set for 5:00 so I could get to Lowell General at 6:45 for a 7:00 lab appointment. Just in case 5:00 wasn’t early enough, I woke up at 4:15 with a case of monkey brain that wouldn’t quit. What to wear to LGH that could go to work. Would I have time to stop at home in between appointment and work. What would I bring for lunch. When is the next day I can sleep later than 6:00. How many days until Christmas. And so on. At 4:45 I got up to make coffee and get the day going.

The lab was quick. There was time to stop at home for 40 minutes before heading to work. Quiche was packed for lunch.

Beautiful charcuterie.
A lot of eating happened at the office. A colleague arrived for the day with cupcakes and cookies. I had already inhaled a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal, but I didn’t let that stop me from having part of a cookie, part of a small cupcake, and a bit of a layered butterscotch and chocolate brownie. There was an array of dried fruit snacks from another colleague. Another colleague set up a beautiful charcuterie board for Snack & Share. 

Not long after eating my lunch from home, leftover sandwiches arrived from an event. Half of a BLT wrap? Yes, please. I called it supper, but we all know darned well how that works with me. Supper happened in the form of a bowl of turkey soup. There may have also been some potato chips.

The day went smoothly. There were work meetings that were informative and productive. Tasks that moved along in the pipeline of work. There was a short change of pace when helping set up the Community Room for the Sun Santa breakfast fundraiser on Thursday. I can already taste the French toast casserole. And the breakfast pizza. 

While signing out for the day, there was a weird error message about an exception breakpoint something or other, whatever that means. There are days I can certainly relate to the breakpoint part, trusty computer. I have danced on the edge of a breakpoint more than a few times. Not today, though. Today was pretty great. And there is a breakfast feast in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment