Sunday, November 26, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,349 – (Sunday) – streaks

Wordle wins, current phone.
The last day of the long weekend was quieter than the previous three days. While engaging in the morning coffee ritual it was discovered I had forgotten to finish Saturday's Wordle puzzle and broke my streak again. 

The current tally is 564 games played with a 98% win rate and a current win streak of 1. There was a win streak of over 100 days on the old phone, which disappeared when I got the new phone. It makes me wish I had been keeping a spreadsheet of the puzzles, answers, and wins. Oh well. 

Duo Streak.
The morning Duolingo Spanish lesson put me at a 1234 day streak. Take that, everyone who has ever accused me of having commitment issues. The Duo streak includes jumping around from Finnish, Italian, French, and Spanish. 

The nerd in me would love to know a breakdown of days for each language, but it doesn’t work like that and I also don't have a spreadsheet of that data. And no, I’m not fluent in any of those languages, and Finnish is still the most difficult.

It was our last dance class until January, and as usual, it was great being in the studio. After class, there was a quick trip to Unique Boutique, a resale shop. There was a lot of Christmas décor and a variety of sequin holiday sweaters, but my target was the small room with dishes and cookware. There are always cool things there. 

I was hoping for soup bowls, but I came away instead with a small grater for the whopping bargain price of $1. It can join the box grater, larger flat grater, and vegetable peeler in the arsenal of graters. 

Next, it was Big Lots for makeup remover wipes, a tube of mascara, and some 3D white toothpaste. The gas station with the $3.19 gas was visited on the way out of town. Then there was a load of laundry and a quiet afternoon. Decorating for Christmas was considered, inspired partly by having walked through a sea of decorations at Big Lots, but it was dismissed as feeling like work.

Compared to the previous several days, it was a wildly mild low-key day, but it was good. At 4:30 it felt like it was time to go to bed, but I held out for a later bedtime, because 4:30 is not acceptable, mostly because then I’d be awake at around 2:30 and wouldn’t know what to do with myself at that hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment