Saturday, September 26, 2020

“Remoted” – Day 194


Last night involved staying up much too late watching “Ratched” until I finally was compelled to turn it off. I kept covering my eyes and muting the sound due to the graphic and cringe-worthy medical scenes, so it made sense. By “much too late,” we’re talking nearly 1 a.m. The dogs had been staring at me steadily since 10, the usual bed time. The foolishness of thinking that being up late would mean we could sleep late this morning proved to be a huge miscalculation. At 5:30, Moose was barking the house awake so he could go out.

The fog and the streetlights of 5:30 looked like a scene from a movie. It was a cool image, but unlike most mornings, the camera/phone was not in my hand. We returned to bed for barely an hour before the barking resumed, signaling it was time to be up for real. By then, the beautiful effect of the fog was diminished with daylight and a mist was falling. The clouds remained until after 1:00.

The butt dragged all day. Coffee helped, but not much. There was a scrambled egg, cheese, and salsa concoction, TV watching, and an attempt at Finnish lessons (day 87!) but the Duolingo program wouldn’t let me in. If my streak is broken because the program wouldn't let me in I'll be mad. 

While a Ricky Gervais standup show played, I finally opened the box and set out to assemble a stacking cube purchased at least a year ago, and likely longer. Two were purchased, but despite the claim of “easy assembly,” the first one was such a pain I almost gave away the second one still in the box. Luckily, today’s assembly wasn’t as bad. 

Construction completed.
The whole construction effort was inspired by a phone call with a friend where we compared notes over the dismal states of our guest rooms. We decided to tackle a task at our respective dwellings and compare progress notes later.

After the victory of the cube construction, I was ready for a nap. The urge was ignored, I hung tough, and started watching Cobra Kai instead. Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy! Why do I now have a sudden urge to learn the Cobra Kai way of the fist? And the dating advice from the character Johnny Lawrence is so awful and the same thinking of a few too many exes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment