Wednesday, July 24, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,589 – (Wednesday) – bagels and ices

Wednesday all hands in-office day kicked off with the Tuesday night information delivered via text from a colleague that he was bringing in bagels for everyone. Woo hoo! It’s nice to have something to look forward to. And the bagels were huge. 

It was also my day for snack and share, which I signed up for a few weeks ago. There had been many ideas floating in my cranium over the weeks. Lemon squares. Carrot cake. Éclair ring. They all sounded like good ideas at the outset, but they also required buying additional ingredients and using the oven. During the recent heat wave, running the oven was about the last thing I wanted to consider. 

Bag of Italian ice.
The thinking soon shifted to childhood treats – Hoodsie Cups or Italian ice. The freezer was too full to buy them in advance, so the procurement process was scheduled for on the way to work. 

At 8:00 this morning, I was in Market Basket, clutching four boxes of Luigi’s Italian ices in lemon, mango, blue raspberry, watermelon, and strawberry. The cashier ringing me up said, “Treats for the kiddos?” I said, “Office colleagues,” and she smiled. 

The walk from the garage felt extra long with the work bag containing files and a shopping bag of Italian ices. I felt kind of like a pack mule trudging through downtown.

Luigi's mango Italian ice.
And there we were, starting our in-office day with super fresh bagels and whipped cream cheese. Later in the day, we eased into refreshing treats. 

Planning around the knowledge of the bagel breakfast, my packed lunch was a tossed salad with an olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing. Later in the afternoon, I enjoyed a mango ice. Not a bad day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment