Saturday, July 6, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,571 – (Saturday) – back to usual

The past couple days have felt not like their usual personalities due to the holiday on Thursday. Going out for supper after work on Friday helped, and today, finally really-Saturday felt like its proper identity. The days of the week are back on track, at least until the next mid-week holiday.

There was a morning visit to the gym and then there was relaxation. “Relaxation” in this case means that basically, nothing was done all day except binge watching Netflix. First it was The Bureau of Magical Things, an Australian teen drama about magic and humans and fairies and stuff. This was followed by two seasons of Worst Roommate Ever, one of the most disturbing documentaries I think I’ve ever seen. It’s not just the horrible true roommate stories, but also the legal system and rights of squatters. What in the actual frigging hell? Now I need something light and fluffy to scrub the disturbances out of my gray matter.

Rice and beans supper.
Lunch was leftover pasta salad. Leftover rice and beans were excavated from the freezer for supper, topped with queso and corn chips. Relaxing  (umm, lazy) me is always grateful for previously ambitious cooking me when tasty morsels are discovered in the freezer.

Often food is the highlight of the usual day, but today the title goes to Kiki for an unusual event. She let me rub her belly. Not just once, but on two separate occasions. Amazing. What a day. I'm going to try for a third time belly rub because I'm feeling lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment