Wednesday, July 10, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,575 – (Wednesday) – possibility

The ride to work across the new bridge was a pure delight. I left the house late (8:07). It took two minutes to exit my driveway, take two left turns and then a right onto Lakeview Ave. Literally two minutes!  From there, the traffic lights were all green, and I was in the garage and parked on the fourth level in ten minutes. I stayed late at the office and enjoyed a similar drive home. Light volume, favorable lights, no aggravation from knuckleheads blocking intersections.

Granted, it’s summer vacation season. The passenger car volume is lower and there are with no school buses. The hardest part is knowing that a quick, easy, stress-free commute is possible and that it will be short-lived. Soon enough, it will be back to the 15- to 30-minute treks.

Lunch of champions.
In other “it’s a great day” news, I remembered my breakfast and lunch. There was no foraging to prevent starving in the office-office today. Granola bar breakfast was followed by grapes and blueberries, and a few hours later by half of a Greek cheese and phyllo dough spiral, stuffed grape leaves, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese. I was fully charged for a webinar on financial literacy programs. 

When I walked through the back doorway and into the kitchen after work, Kiki was across the room, over by the dining room doorway. She sauntered into the dining room and meowed a couple times. I meowed back. 

It seems Kiki is exploring the house more. Surprisingly, since the last time she was evicted from her box spring encampment, she hasn’t hung around on the landing at the top of the stairs, meowed outside the bedroom door, or tried to get back into the bedroom. It’s possible she is plotting, scheming, and laying another trap by lulling me into another false sense of security. I fell for it once already so it’s really not much of a leap for her to think I’d fall for it again. Like me and the easy commutes, she knows from experience that playing me is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment