Tuesday, July 9, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,574 – (Tuesday) – reading and looking

Cloudy and breezy view from the deck.
After supper (pasta salad and fruit and veggie salad) there was reading time on the deck. It was warm and cloudy, but not oppressive like I expected. That might have been due to the wind. It fluttered the leaves and stirred the trees, which made it comfortable except for my hair blowing wildly and in my face.

This week’s reading selection is Queen Hereafter by Isabelle Schuler. It’s a freebie from the bookstore in January. When you bought a book, you could get a free book. The free books were wrapped in plain paper with the equivalent of a dating profile written on the paper. This one said “Historical Fiction – Lady Macbeth reimagined – ambition + passion unapologetically meet – an “astonishingly entertaining debut”.” I’m on page 94 of 341 and I really like it.

Queen Hereafter.
Back inside and after extensive scrolling through the choices in Netflix, I chose a show called Nobody's Looking. It is pretty entertaining if you like a comedy about angels who wear red neckties breaking some rules and getting into mischief. And all the angels have bright red hair.

After a while, I realized I didn't know where Kiki was and looked behind the couch. I rubbed her head and she emerged. Then she did a weird thing. She sat in front of the coat closet door and stared into the room. She seemed to be looking under the couch, which made me wonder if she saw a bug (ok) or a mouse (please no). Then she went into the dining room and sat near the table and stared some more.

Almost immediately after the staring, there was a flash of lightning outside the deck sliders, so maybe Keeks was picking up on what was happening in the air. She hadn’t reacted before to things like thunder or fireworks, that I’ve noticed, but tonight, something definitely had her attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment