Friday, January 19, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,403 – (Friday) – location

The ten location photo shoots for the annual report are done with the final two done today. Whew!

Several shoots involved trucks and being outdoors, including the one this morning. The temperature was in the 20-something range so it was a bit chilly. Brisk even. The afternoon shoot also involved trucks, but they were in a big garage so it was less freezing.

I was not in a lake,
but Jeep navigation thought I was.
This week, we had two shoots in Lowell during the snowstorm. Today’s two shoots were a bit far flung with one in Derry, NH followed by the other in Sterling, MA. The tally for this week was six photo shoots in four days that took us to locations including a swimming pool, a plumbing company, and a school.

This is a once-a-year project, and since I've been working on it, this is the earliest we've gotten the photos all done. Right around the time I was feeling over it all, it was all over.

The navigation system in the Jeep has gone rogue twice this week. On Sunday, it showed me as being on Route 495 when I was a good half-hour away from that road. Today, leaving Derry, it showed me ambling around New Hampshire in areas with no actual roads and then literally in a lake, when I was really on Route 113 in Dracut and then in my driveway in Lowell. So weird. Every day is an adventure. 

Easter, Valentine's Day,
and leftover Christmas.
At first, the map was up because it’s easier to see the street names on the larger dashboard screen than on the phone. Then, when it went all haywire, I was curious to see how long it would stay weird, even though I knew where I was going. During the hour or so between today’s driving journeys, it sorted itself.

In other tidbits, while shopping for tin foil and freezer bags in Family Dollar, I saw that the Seasonal Aisle had the combination of a box of thick peppermint candy cane Christmas leftovers mixed in the display with the Valentine Candy (which makes sense) and the pastel dreamscape of Easter candy and plush bunnies (two+ months from now). It must be almost time for the Independence Day goods to appear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment