Friday, January 5, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,389 – (Friday) – chilly

It was chilly today, around 25 degrees, with dry air where everything conducts static. My hair has had a crazy, electrified look for a couple days which is funny on toddlers but not so cute on my own head. A little humidity would be great. It is amusing to me that I need a dehumidifier in the basement and a humidifier in the rest of the house.

There was a photo shoot scheduled for this morning, and as luck would have it on a 25-degree day, we were outside for photos including some big trucks. At least we got it done before the snow forecast for the weekend, which could be either an inch or a foot or could be some other number randomly chosen like a lottery number. 

Glad this wasn't my
 lighting problem.

The plan was made for the placement of trucks and bodies and the lighting checked, but it was a short while before the trucks arrived and were positioned. The photo subjects did a fantastic job of hiding the shivering and not appearing like they were freezing outside with no coats on. I wore a long-ish winter coat with a hat and gloves and felt ok. 

The sun, having been scarce for what feels like forever, chose this morning to appear, and inched above the roofline of the building as the photos were underway. This presented challenges for the photographer, and once again, I was glad to not be the one behind the camera dealing with shifting light conditions. 

It was about a half hour (or less) out in the cold and longer for the photographer who was setting up when I arrived. Afterward, it was back into the comfort of my vehicle with the heated seats, heated steering wheel, and robust heating system. The shoot was about 45 minutes away from Lowell and the heated seat was the best part. Combined with the Tylenol taken with breakfast, the sciatica was ok until into the afternoon when it announced its presence. And stupidly, I forgot there was Tylenol in my bag.

The rest of the day was busy, almost chaotic. It wasn’t that the office was chaotic, it was confined to my brain. A miscommunication led to a mix-up over a new project that involved two people with the same first name that ended up being kind of funny once it was sorted out.

Overall, despite the chilly weather, the chaos brain, and the office confusion, it was a decent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment