Sunday, January 14, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,398 – (Sunday) – routines

Dance class started for the winter session, one week late due to the storm last weekend. The snow delay worked out for me due to the sciatica situation which was pretty bad last Sunday and likely would have prevented me from attending. The pain ran for around 12 days, which involved a lot of treatment with tennis balls and ice packs, and then it resolved itself. It was great to be back in the studio routine with warmups, stretching, and the shimmies and hip slides.

New snow coating.
The weather forecast wheel of fortune for today landed on “snow squalls” and I was on the lookout for flakes. Snow began fluttering in the cold air as I returned from Market Basket after dance, but it was a mostly false alarm and there was nothing falling from the sky for a while. 

The soup kettle was put on the stove and filled with the contents of three freezer bags of vegetable trimmings – onion skins, carrot ends, broccoli stems, and brussels sprouts bits were covered with water, and it all simmered for a couple hours to get the broth started.

Later, a dump truck rumbled down the street scattering treatment pellets, but it didn’t seem to be snowing yet. The weekly 7:00 text about trash and recycling pickup on Monday arrived. At 8:00, the wind was whipping and a coating of snow covered the lawn and driveway, but not the pre-treated street. The trash bag was brought to the bin, and both bins were rolled to the end of the driveway. 

Waste management doesn’t seem to take a lot of holidays, and oddly, it seems we’re having recycling two weeks in a row. But that’s what the text message says, so that’s what I followed. My bins never made it out last week due to being blocked in the driveway by snow and a neighbor's car that I invited to park off the street during the ban, so it's all good tonight.

CSB received their
 latest McD's order.
In other text message news, the mysterious CSB of house #208 in some unknown city ordered Door Dash delivery from McDonald’s. Again. And I know this because somehow my phone number is attached to their account and I receive all the updates. "Hi CSB! Your order from McDonald's will be delivered at 5:15 pm." The order has been picked up. The Dasher is approaching. The order was delivered. These are routinely followed by photographic proof of the delivered order on the doorstep. The photo shows a camera, so at least they know when their delivery arrived, because they sure aren’t receiving the text messages. 

A couple weeks ago for a later in the night delivery, the driver even called “CSB” to ask where the delivery should be left and I got to explain that I’m not CSB and this isn’t the phone number for CSB. The driver then had someone else call back to confirm that I am not CSB. 

Several months ago, after too many Door Dash updates for CSB, I even opened my own Door Dash account. It seemed to be the only way to contact customer assistance about the issue, but it went nowhere and the texts to my number continue. Lucky me. I feel like an unwitting spy, and also wonder why CSB only gets McDonald's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment