Monday, July 24, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,224 – (Monday) – focus

Winston was a lap dog
 for two minutes.
There was sunshine today and it was good. It’s nice being able to look out the window from the desk and see the grass, the tree in the neighbor’s yard that provides shade over my shed, and the vinyl fences under a sky free of rain clouds.

Despite it being trash and recycle day, it was quiet in the 'hood and it was nice. There was some hyper focus on work and I didn't even hear when the trucks came. 

A couple times Winston went outside and sniffed and wandered the yard while I plowed through emails and to do lists and schedules to be set and all the usual glamorous work stuff. Mostly Win slept on the floor behind my office chair.

Winston is not much of a cuddler anymore now that he isn't competing with Moose for attention, but he let me put him on my lap twice today. It was nice and of course I told him what a good boy he is. When I managed to sneak in a quick picture of us, I felt like a conquering hero. It’s the simple things. Or I’m easily amused / pleased. Sometimes, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment