Saturday, July 1, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,201 – (Saturday) – short list

Mom and StepDad came over this morning to help with setting up the patio umbrella, putting a doorknob on the recently revised closet in the junk/storage/supposed to be a guest room, and fix the broken door handle on the patio slider. Mom and I played Scrabble. We all had a lunch of pasta salad I made Friday night and then they were off to other adventures.

Random deck peanut.
During the afternoon, I went out to read on the deck under the newly installed umbrella. A peanut sat on one of the chairs. An entire peanut, shell and all. Apparently, peanuts are falling from the sky now. It’s weird, but it’s a nice break from the recent rain. The Merrimack has been looking high, mighty, and powerful during recent crossings and it needs a little space to recover.

During the afternoon, a movie rule was enacted for the second time this week. There are a couple movies on a very short list for which I have a rule which is, if the show is playing on TV, I have to watch it. One night during the week, Whip It, the roller derby movie, aired on one of the HBO channels. I had to watch. It’s on the very short list, where short is two titles.

The beloved printer scene.
This afternoon, while debating entertainment options that included visiting Western Ave Studios for the monthly open studios, shopping for shorts, or reading, I checked the online cable guide and saw that the other movie from the very short list, Office Space, was just about to start on HBO. All bets were off, and the top option became Office Space, the 1999 satirical comedy.

The scene where three characters have the office printer in a field and are stomping it and bashing it with a bat has to be one of my favorite and most relatable movie scenes. It was especially fitting after the fisticuffs with the work printer on Monday when I declared I was ready “to go all Office Space on the printer.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment