Monday, July 17, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,217 – (Monday) – flashback 2009

Remember the once popular digital chain letter game things on Facebook? Your favorite this or that; how many of these have you seen/done/eaten; describe yourself with [whatever] ...Then share this with x people.

On July 17, 2009, my post on Facebook was one such game, brought to us today by the wonders of Facebook Memories. No worries, unlike 2009, there is no request to pass this along. The objective was to describe your life using song titles by one artist.

As for the artist chosen in 2009 ... Prince was the choice. For years he was my favorite artist, before I stopped playing favorites. I used to know all the lyrics to the all the songs on Purple Rain. (Still might.) Once, I saw him in concert (Worcester Centrum with Sheila E on drums). Twice, I was him for Halloween. As for the answers in 2009? It was a different time, place, and space in life, but most of the answers still hold today. Clearly not the relationship one.

Presented in its entirety, rules and all, straight from 2009 ...

My Life According to Prince

Being Prince for a night -
Halloween 2019.
 
Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 15 people you like and include me. You can't use the artist I used. Try not to repeat a song title. It's a lot harder than you think! Repost as "my life according to (artist name)" 

Pick your Artist: Prince

Are you a Male or a Female: Girl

Describe Yourself: Irresistible Bitch

How do you feel: La, La, La, He, He, Hee

Describe where you currently live: Alphabet Street

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Erotic City

Your Favorite form of Transportation: Little Red Corvette

Your Best Friend is: Sexy M.F.

You and your best friends are: Thieves in the Temple

What's the weather like: 1999

Favorite Time of Day: 7

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: She’s Always in My Hair

What is life to you: Shockadelica

Your relationship: Power Fantastic

Your fear: Another Lonely Christmas

What is the best advice you have to give: Gotta Stop (Messin’ Around)

Thought for the day: I Would Die 4 U

How I would like to die: Gett Off

My soul's present condition: Delirious

My motto: Let’s Go Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment