Friday, July 7, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,207 – (Friday) – lost

There is almost always some way I can entertain myself, and even if I’m doing next to nothing, it rarely feels like wasted time. Tonight, however, there was a stretch that felt like wasted time. There was regret and sadness.

The cause of the twinges of regret and sadness was the movie The Out-Laws, an American action comedy film that hit Netflix today. At least the description claims it is a comedy. There was definitely action, but the comedy part was questionable. I liked the music soundtrack. 

Starring Pierce Brosnan and Ellen Barkin and produced by Adam Sandler, it seemed like it had the potential to amuse and I charged in with enthusiasm, ready to laugh. I did not. Throughout the movie, there was a lot of “Who is that actor?” followed by Google searches of the cast, and “What in the heck am I watching?” 

There was no laughter. It was disappointing, but yes, I watched it all because I'm not a quitter. Or maybe too lazy to change it to something else. The Out-Laws is possibly the first show to which I gave a thumbs down on the Netflix ratings, so there's that.

Worse than the disappointment and regret of 95 minutes wasted on a dumb movie is the feeling of panic and dread that my sense of humor has departed. Fled. Headed for the hills. Dang, I hope it has a return ticket and makes it back some time, preferably soon. I swear, if it comes back to me, I will throw it a party. I miss laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment