Wednesday, July 5, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,205 – (Wednesday) – drained

Cobblestones
near the park.
The sun returned today in all its shiny glory, just in time for the post-holiday return to work. According to the weather icon on the computer, it was 89 degrees around 3:00 when I went outside for a walk. I was chilly in the office’s air-conditioned discomfort and I wanted to both defrost and verify that it really was 89 degrees. 

My left leg continues to hurt, and I also wanted to take a walk to try and analyze the mechanics of it. I have a referral for physical therapist, and “it hurts” seems like it might need a better explanation of the problem. 

The scientific notes compiled during the walk confirm that the weather was definitely warm. Downtown has a lot of cobblestone roads and brick buildings. As for the leg, it has a sharp-ish pain that runs between ankle and knee, sometimes on the outer side of the calf, and other times on the inner side. It hurts during the weight transfer to the left foot and then as my foot rolls forward to the next step. I like walking fast like I’m already late for something, but I can propel myself at only half-speed which just makes me mad. Climbing stairs doesn’t hurt in the calf, but it causes stabby pains in my knee instead. It's super fun.

Canal treasures.
The painfully slow-paced walk went along the canal in Lucy Larcom Park across the street from work. It’s recently been drained, exposing the the treasures in the mud at the bottom. There were countless bicycle wheels, several bike frames, traffic cones, street signs, bricks, landscape edging blocks, and a stroller. It seems to be on par with past canal drainings. 

The chilled air in the office felt refreshing when I returned and I didn’t need to put my sweater back on. It was nice to be outside, but the actual walking part of the walk was frustrating because it hurts and also because it seems to have come out of nowhere. Having a desk job means I get to sit, which is good, because walking very much drains me.

2 comments:

  1. Knee replacement??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the orthopedic I saw my "x-rays look fine!"

      Delete