Monday, July 10, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,210 – (Monday) – motivation

Right around the time I felt sufficiently motivated to join a gym, specifically the Planet Fitness a mere half-mile from home in the same plaza as my beloved Family Dollar, I visited the website to check for specials. When I was a member there in 2018-19, I didn’t go as often as I thought I would, mostly because I prefer group classes and PF doesn’t have those. But I do love the hydromassage table. 

After PF and before the pandemic that derailed world, I joined a different gym the next town over. I was lured there by the Saturday morning yoga classes, but some time into my 18-month prepaid membership, they stopped offering yoga and my interest in the place dwindled. When the pandemic hit, with still about six months on my membership, there was no communication from the pace at all when it closed or when it reopened, so I was kind of mad at them.

Now, I have the motivation of a wedding to attend in October in a hot weather part of the country where the likelihood of me keeling over from heatstroke in a long sleeve top that covers my carefully un-chiseled arms and long pants or skirt that cover my unfit legs. Suddenly exercising, which I used to enjoy once upon a time very long ago, seemed slightly appealing again.

That’s when I learned via social media posts that the nearby gym is currently closed for renovations. There hasn’t been an expected completion date noted. Ugh. Not that it really matters. It’s still another two weeks before my physical therapy evaluation for the leg that hurts when I walk, and who knows if I could even exercise at all. But dang, I bet the massage chair and hydromassage table would feel good. Hmmm.... maybe I should replace the couch with one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment