Friday, May 12, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,151 – (Friday) – doctor visit

The leg that was hurting last week kept hurting all this week. I kept thinking it would get better but I wasn't able to will that into being. And maybe it wasn’t all week. It only hurt when I was walking, sitting, breathing, and trying to get to sleep. Standing still was okay, but walking was brutal. Every step hurt, and the walk from the garage to office took twice as long. I like to walk fast with a long stride, but there was none of that happening. Steps were smaller and the pace was slower which I found frustrating. It didn’t take long before I was limping.

At the doctor.
After a week and a half, maybe two weeks of leg pain mysteries and nonsense, the doctor was finally contacted on Thursday and they had me in the office today. Pulses were taken. Flesh was gently poked and prodded and the knee and leg were manipulated. Things were ruled out. Not a blood clot. Not an ACL tear or meniscus issue. The thing ruled in was inflammation, but there is no clue why.

The immediate fix is Ibuprofen. If that doesn’t work, then it will be off to a physical therapy adventure. I wish it was massage therapy, but those were not the words uttered aloud or printed on the referral paper. So far, after one 600mg dose taken at supper, it already feels better. Then again, it could be my wild imagination. Time will tell. And I still want massage therapy. I'm just too lazy to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment