Monday, April 24, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,133 – (Monday) – wine notes

I recently received an order from Firstleaf, the wine club I joined during the early days of the pandemic. It was nice having six or twelve bottles delivered to the house based on a taste profile I filled out. Each shipment allowed for rating of individual wines to help with future “personalized club selections” and the only thinking required from me was if the delivery needed to be sent according to the club schedule, delayed, or skipped. The best part was, I never had to leave the house.

When there were shipments, most of the time I had no idea what was coming, nor cared. There are product cards and info on each wine with the shipments, (hints of this and notes of that), and after a couple years of skimming the cards and drinking the wines, I really haven’t learned that much about wine. Newly acquired wine facts have been personal and specific and include the knowledge that red wine seems to increase my body temperature, making it ideal as a winter beverage choice. Also, I’m not great at remembering which wines I liked a lot, which makes it hard to look for them for future orders. Whatever. It's not like Winston and I sit around discussing wine. 

In recent months, most of the scheduled shipments were delayed by me. Wine consumption at The BungaLowell had slowed. More like stopped. It had been largely replaced by ice water. Recently, "confirm order" was chosen on a selection of six wines, two bottles of each.

A text message came that the order was in transit with a delivery date. Under product it listed “chanmé méchant 2021 cinsault-grenache rosé toothpaste d’oc igp, France.” Ummm….. toothpaste? Is that a free gift with order? A new use for the product? Or is there really some wine toothpaste in there? I'm low on toothpaste, and usually prefer a strong mint flavor. Wine flavor might be kind of cool, but I’m still a little nervous to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment