Sunday, April 2, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,111 – Sunday

Dance rehearsal was early this morning, and along the ride there was one home with nearly two dozen turkeys in the front yard, some in full strut.

Mom, my sister and I made a plan to meet at Jeffrey’s Antique Co-op at 10:15 when I was done with dance. We went through the various stalls and there was a ton to see. The most plentiful items seemed to be Barbies still in the original boxes and the troll dolls that used to be called Good Luck Trolls and Wishniks in the 1960s. So many Barbies and trolls. Oy. There were also some cool vintage purses and a lot of jewelry including Bakelite. I wasn’t looking for anything specific, so I just moved through the store taking it all in.

After the shopping, we decided to go for lunch at nearby Conrad’s Seafood Drive-in. Surprise! The sign on the door simply said “Closed.” There were no hours posted to tell us if they were not yet open for the day or the season or what. Later, at home, I checked their website and saw that the season opening had been postponed until April 5th.  That would have been great info for a sign, but I might be thinking that because I work in marketing.

The lunch plan had been hastily formulated based on proximity to the antiques store, and we didn’t have a backup lunch plan so we decided to just head back to our homes. I was hungry and I knew there was lots of food at The BungaLowell. Of course, being Sunday, the car autopiloted into Market Basket for Canine Overlord Winston’s roasted chicken. The basket also ended up with spanakopita twirls, produce, Tuscan Pane, ramen, and other pantry basics. Somehow, despite being hungry, I managed to resist the cookies, chips and ice cream. Instead of the pizza, mac and cheese, or quiche in the freezer, lunch was a warm spanikopita twirl.

Supper!
The afternoon was quiet and mostly involved streaming shows on Netflix. There was Love is Blind, then Next in Fashion. When the trash and recycling were taken to the curb, I felt something under my shoe at the end of the driveway which turned out to be a dead mouse. Ewwwww. It was picked up with the poop scooper and added to the trash bag. The cause of death was not apparent, but if it was poison, I didn’t want to risk another animal eating it and suffering.

At 7:30 I was feeling hungry and that was when I realized there hadn’t really been any supper. It was light, crispy multigrain crackers and hummus to the rescue. Fast food at home is awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment