Wednesday, April 12, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,121 – (Wednesday) – donuts and more

Maple iced donut with bacon.
The weather forecast promised warm weather and Mother Nature delivered. Cropped ankle pants were pulled out for the occasion. Unfortunately, I failed to leave the office during the day to enjoy the sunshine and warm temperature, but the walk to the garage after work was most pleasant.

The office had a Wednesday thrill in the form of amazing donuts that a colleague brought in from a shop in Andover. Holy moley. I had one with maple icing and bacon. So, so good. There also may have been portions of other donuts, like maybe a piece of a chocolate with honey glaze, and possibly part of a jelly donut, and/or maybe a portion of one with pink icing. Maybe. 

There was a late afternoon surprise delivery of 11,500 promotional slips that I forgot I ordered for a campaign because once I cross something off the list, it’s purged from my brain. There was enough time left in the workday for me to divide them and pack them in interoffice envelopes to go to our 27 branches and an internal department. I can kick ass when it’s needed.

After tending to the Canine Overlord, it was directly to the couch for me. It was time to binge this week’s Netflix obsession, BEEF, with Ali Wong. Holy shite. Wow. Early in, this show has a small parking lot event and then it just keeps going. I’ve loved Ali Wong’s standup shows, but dang, she’s also an amazing serious actor. 

When BEEF was over, it was time for Leanne Morgan because she cracks me up. And just like that, the night was pretty much gone like the donuts at the office. Because that’s how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment